Thursday, November 16, 2006

A Church Is Not An Appropriate Place To Walk A Dog!


I was headed back to the office after picking up lunch yesterday when I saw a frowsy blonde standing on the sidewalk yammering away on her cell phone while her dog was wandering around inside the John Street Church. The dog hadn't gotten loose; it was on a leash... albeit a long one. And, it was a Methodist Church (evidently, the first in the country) so I'm positive there wasn't a pet blessing in progress for St. Francis of Assisi's or anyone else's feast day.

I may not be the biggest fan of organized religion but come on! It was perhaps one of the stupidest and most inconsiderate acts I have ever witnessed. I'm glad she had already dragged the dog out by the time I was close enough to yell at her. I'm wondering if perhaps the dog hadn't wandered into the church in the first place because it didn't want to be seen in public with that woman.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh God! That worse than the big black dildo in the Santa Monica parking garage

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A dog a lease? You can lease everything in NYC nowadays can't you? jk

11:21 AM  
Blogger MKM said...

Thanks Lou. I have changed "lease" to "leash." Although, I'm sure dog rentals are available somewhere in NYC.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home