Saturday, June 03, 2006

J'aime Pandora


In my late teens and twenties, I'd watch 120 Minutes on MTV and listen to college radio (WBWC, WUJC, WCSB) and write down the names of songs and artists that I liked. I also had bunches of friends doing the same thing plus access to DJs in Cleveland's alternative clubs.

I don't seem to have that kind of time anymore and I only have a handful of friends, these days, whose taste in music I trust, as well as somewhat resembles my own. Therefore, I tend not to be as up on new bands as I used to be. Watching NY Noise on NYCTV on Tuesdays at 10 helps, as does searches on myspace. But... that's all fairly random and I strike out far more often than I find anything that I really like.

Until today... Today, I found http://www.pandora.com/ If you've never used it, just click on the Link in this blog entry. The site allows you to enter the name of a song or artist that you like and then it develops a play list (what Pandora refers to as a "Station") of songs or artists with a similar sound. It's not perfect but you can refine the play list by providing additional guidance on each of the songs in your play list.

If you try Pandora; leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

LINK

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shit! I may never leave the house again. This is great.

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I heard about this...

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mooney,
You gotta go see Interpol...my new fav! They are awesome & somewhat like Joy Division, so leave the razors at HOME!
Alisa

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you...my ears are smilin'

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...thanks for the pandora link! I've been having fun with it and passed it on to a good friend back in Cleveland. Talk to you before the weekend.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home